Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera does not connect to base + Second camera goes offline frequently (VMS4430)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
akashagrawal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I bought 4 pack Arlo Pro over the weekend. Initially synching was an issue.

I had to remove batteries multiple time to have them sync to the base.

Eventually I was able to sync 3 cameras. 4th one wont sync. Eventually 4 synced but then one other camera won't sync. In essence I can't sync more than 3 cameras at the same time.

Another issue is that my one camera go offline quite frequently. Will have to re sync again to bring it back online. I kept the camera with 5 ft of base station and it does not matter. It keeps going offline.

Problem1. Can't sync all 4 camera's at the same time.

Problem2. One camera goes offline frequently no matter how close it is to the base.

Hope to get help here quickly. I like the system and the capability and potential but don't want to end up returning it.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... something isn't right so maybe better to restart.

Take all the cameras and open the battery doors, pull batteries

go into settings and use REMOVE DEVICE for each camera.

RESET the base by holding the reset for about 10 secs till the front leds flash...give it time to reboot fully

When power and internet leds are green, replace battery, close the battery doors of the cameras

One at a time, re-sync cameras by QUICKLY pushing the base sync button ( don't hold ) and then the camera sync button

wait a min between each camera.

Hopefuly all wil be well and all will sync as should.

If problem continues, esp #2 while close to base, contact Netgear support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
akashagrawal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I reset the base and resynced the camera as you suggested. All 4 camera's got synched for an hour. After that 1 camera went offline. This morning one other camera went offline as well.

For some reason, the same two camera's go offline even if they are not too far away. I have one in direct line sight as base and the other one 10 feet away.

Something wrong with the system (base, camera, batteries etc).

Thanks for you help though.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

akashagrawal,

It could be other nearby wireless devices interfering with the connection between the base and the cameras. Consider relocating your base station away from any other devices that could potentially be causing WiFi interference.

JamesC