Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Odd offline Problem

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bluemetal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

Proud owner of Arlo Q products I decided to get an Arlo Pro wireless cam plus base station

I just got a single pack with one camera

Installed all good, no probs

It's been two weeks and lately it's a waste. So much for securuty. It works when I'm at home but goes offline as soon as I'm at work!!

When I get home within an hour it's online again! I can't tell you what the base station is doing as it's offline and I can't see the lights on it from work!

When I got home tonight it wasn't working but all the lights on the base station were green. It has since appeared online again though about 30mins later

I can't tell if it's the app, because from what I can see there is no way to login online through a webpage since I'm in Australia

Very frustrating!

So I had a bit of look on this forum and have seen it's quite a common thing and the support has been rubbish from Netgear!

I'm hoping this isn't so!

I'll try power cycling the base station tonight and hope that fixes it

😞

Base firmware: 1.8.9.0_11528

Camera firmware: 1.092.0.3_12290

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You definitely can login through the web portal

arlo.netgear.com

Bluemetal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmmm I'll try steve. Maybe it didn't work because I was trying on my phone using safari. It just came up with the Arlo bird picture
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to set the mobile browser to use the desktop version.  Or use a computer.

Bluemetal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks I'll give it a go

I'm confused as the base station & camera both say offline. If it was a syncing problem then wouldn't the base station be online & the camera not?
This morning all green lights are on (base) but it says offline

Or if they don't sync properly both go offline?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What you're saying sounds right. Not sure how it can say they're both offline at the same time. Are you able to post a screenshot?

Bluemetal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey steve how do I add a screenshot?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

In your reply window should be the options to  insert a picture or down under it the option to attach a file. Alternatively you could have it hosted somewhere like imgur and post the link. If you post it here, it will require an admin/mod to authorise it

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

return and exchange it if possible.. 

Bluemetal
Aspirant
Aspirant

steve_t wrote:

In your reply window should be the options to  insert a picture or down under it the option to attach a file. Alternatively you could have it hosted somewhere like imgur and post the link. If you post it here, it will require an admin/mod to authorise it

Thanks steve.

I just tried imgur, hopefully it works.

It's frustrating, the Arlo Q will appear within seconds of opening the app, while the Arlo Pro sits there for ages saying 'getting status'

The camera view will appear straight away (with the play button) if it's working. If not 'getting status' appears for ages until it ticks over and says offline

http://imgur.com/a/5f6WK

This pic is the one showing both base station and camera offline. Damn thing was working most of the morning today until I went out and it stopped

😞

http://imgur.com/a/GgA8o

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does it work better if you're on your wifi network?

What are your upload/download/ping at home from www.speedtest.net ?

Bluemetal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Na not if it goes offline (which it does sporadically at home)

speed test at home should be ample. On 25/5 nbn

if it goes offline at home it still sits on getting status for ages

at home can of course fluctuate

ping:10

down:23.15Mbps

up:4.75Mbps

steve_t
Master Master
Master

That should be plenty. Perhaps you do have a faulty base station. Probably time to Contact Support at the bottom of the page or have it replaced by your retailer