Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Notifications without recordings. Then no live video, no notifications, no recording

HW Version VMB3010r2

FW Version 1.12.2.2_2754

This started a couple days ago I noticed I was getting notifications but no recordings. Today I first tried viewing live video, nothing. It said "connecting" on the app, but never connected. I can hear the camera working (sounds like a shutter?), but not getting any video.

I did all of the following (in order):

1. Restarted base station from app. (no change)
  2. Restarted base station from computer. (no change)
  3. Removed batteries from camera, waited 5 minutes, batteries back in. Had video for about 5 seconds, then it went out again.
  4. Removed camera from Devices, added it back. Nothing.
  5. Removed ALL  3 cameras in devices, removed batteries from cameras, added them back one at a time. Two cameras worked same as before. Last one does not.

Now I have 2 working cameras, one that isn't. I get that shutter noise when it first connects, but then no video. And then no sound at all. No blue lights. if I try to do live video thru computer I get "The request timed out".

Batteries are good. The camera hasn't been touched in over 2 months and was working fine up until a few days ago. I'm out of ideas & do not want to get up on that ladder again until I know it's working for sure.

Any thoughts?

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station, VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 4
Arlo Moderator

Re: Notifications with recordings. Then no live video, no notifications, no recording

Due to the amount of issues described, I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

Re: Notifications with recordings. Then no live video, no notifications, no recording

Funny story. I thought this was support for people who don't have plans & their equipment is more than a year old.

Message 3 of 4
Guru

Plans have nothing to do with it. The official support still works for out of warranty equipment, too. You just can't get replacement hardware.

Message 4 of 4