Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aseemaa
Follower
Follower

Hi all, I'm trying to arrange a setup where I can get Arlo notifications in the middle of the night, but don't get wakened by spam calls. I have an iPhone on AT&T. It seems the common solution is to enable Do Not Disturb, setup text messages from Arlo to the email gateway of my mobile phone (#########@text.att.net), and then add the sending number to my Favorites so texts notify. My problem is that the sending number from the email gateway keeps cycling through different phone numbers, so I can't add one number to my favorites.  The beginning digits of the sending number are the same, but the last two change per text.

Anyone have this problem or a solution? It's really too bad one can't select certain apps as exceptions to Do Not Disturb. 

1 REPLY 1
BradGalloway
Star
Star

I leave my phone set to 'do not disturb' at night.  I went to the 'app info' from my phone (android) and there is a selection to tell the app to ignore the 'do not disturb'.   This way if any notifications are pushed, I hear them.  I also use arlo smart and have it only give notifications from people.   Caught a few people out there a few times already.  I did end up buying an arlo chime.  I put it in my bedroom and set up a night time rule to activate the chime.  This wakes me up pretty fast.

Hope this helped.