Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera Not Reporting Correct Battery Charge Level

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
paoletto84
Follower
Follower

Hello, 

wonder is someone can help me with an issue I've got with one of my arlo pro camera. About a month ago I've tried recharging the battery of one of my camera, using the official usb cable provided in the package, and after hours of charging the battery was still at 15%, I disconnected the cable waited a few seconds and reconnected the cable, still at 15% after an hour or so.

At this point I removed the battery from the camera waited 10-15 seconds, put the battery back in, tried charging again, but still nothing, battery charge level was still the same. 

I've tried putting a new battery in, same thing it won't charge, so I've tried another solution, I've charged the battery to 100% using the other camera, removed from it and put it on the "broken" camera, well, guess what?! charging level of the battery was at 10%, put the battery back in the other camera, battery at 100%.

Any idea why the camera doesn't show the correct charging level? or has someone experienced the same issue?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If all the FW is up to date...since you reset camera by removing battery,  I might suggest it is a hardware issue...

I would try to use remove device and then reboot base then also bring the camera back as new to see if it changes.

If not, recommend you contact Arlo support for possible warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------