Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not picking up people, only cars.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GarrySh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera is not picking up people walking by or down the walkway at all, only cars driving by. Sensativity at 100%.

1496436584404.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

And sorry to tell you , but it's prob not going to.

The PIR device for the PRO maxs out to about 25 ft for people... cars are picked up farther away due to the higher reflected IR ( which is how the PIR detects motion )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
GarrySh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you think this view would be sufficient to pick people up? 

1496442746206.jpg

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

The moment you get a windy weather, those Tree leaves will have a better chance of triggering motion before anything else.. 

GarrySh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can get the limbs out of the way. But do you think it'll be close enough? That's as close as I can get. Otherwise this system just isn't what I need.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It can work if you just want to alert yourself only, but if you expect the image itself to be good. Highly unlikely.. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Didn't see this image earlier.. The only image I saw was the first.. I think it'll work.. just make sure no one can vandalized or steal your camera.. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

GarrySh wrote:
I can get the limbs out of the way. But do you think it'll be close enough? That's as close as I can get. Otherwise this system just isn't what I need.

For people , imo, not really...you'll  pick up traffic , but if you're worried about the cars , I would be surprised it worked enough to make you happy

Morse is faster than texting!