Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera & Base Station Sync/Doesn't Sync in different network

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Yi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I purchased the Arlo Pro + Basestation combo to use for office space monitoring. 

1. at the office using the office's network, after following the setup procedures, the camera doesn't sync with base station while both of internet + power LED lights are green. I also tested the ethernet cable, it works; I'm able to turn on siren for base station, so base station works.

2. I took the same camera + base station home to test by following the same procedures but using my home network and it works perfectly (camera synced with base station within 10 sec). 

3. I went back to the office and used the same set devices, the camera still won't sync with the base station in the office network. 

What is the source of this problem? I suspect it is due to the network at my office? If so, how do I fix this issue?

Thanks,

-Yi

4 REPLIES 4
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Check with your IT person, or DMZ the IP assigned to the base station and sync the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It sounds like the office WiFi is interfering with the WiFi between the base and the camera. Not sure how you can get around that. Is the camera next to the base when you're trying this?
Yi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jcwrks, thanks for the direction. If possible, can you kindly provide more details re. IP assigned and how to do that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Contact your IT support folks since they're the ones that do this sort of thing.