Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
PuDerBaer
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

since a couple of days I have the problem that everytime when I open the Arlo App on my iOS Phone or iPad one of my cams has a noise detection. 

I have 4 cams and the noise detection with notification is only activated on this cam. The room where the cam is located is completely quiet for sure.

The test procedure is pretty simple.

- Opening the app

- just wating a few seconds

- The message „Noise detected“ appears

this can be repeated in an endless loop....

anything I could do?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station & reboot your camera by removing & re-inserting the battery?

PuDerBaer
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for your answer!

At the moment I cannot easily do that because the station is in a vacation home. I‘ll try next month, in the meantime I have disabled the noise detection....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can also try & reboot the base station within the mobile app or website. The only downside is, if for any reason the signal is lost, you will be away from your home to troubleshoot.

Mbengson
Star
Star
For the last month or so, every time I go into the IOS app, the system logs in Audio Event on one of my indoor cameras. There is NO sound in the house when I do this. It doesn’t affect the system, it is just annoying. I have to manually adjust my settings multiple times throughout the day because the scheduling function refuses to work consistently.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mbengson

I have a few questions for you

-What Phone/Device are you using when you experience this?

-What IOS/App version are you running?

-What cameras and base station are being triggered?

Mbengson
Star
Star
iPhone Xmax. App version 2.7.13 (103). I only have one base station and four cameras. Two of the four cameras will notify that there is audio detected.
Mbengson
Star
Star
I have received emails from arlo saying they will call me but then nothing. I have sent numerous “replies” to the ticket they opened but no response at all. It’s been almost a month. Poor customer service.