Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mrking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I bought my Arlo pro cameras last month (April 2017) and installed them in my house in Canada. Now I am in the Midle East and cannot connect to the cameras or my Arlo application. When I use my username and password to log in to my account, it says that there is a trouble because of internet connectivity issues. The wifi I am using here is quite fast. So, I am wondering if it will be possible for me to technically and basically connect to my cameras from the Middle east!

Can the application be used from the Middle East or Asia at all?!

Thanks,

Micheal

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To the best of my knowlege it should work from anywhere you have good internet ( basic level , some countries don't support higher levels )

Have you tried to access it with multiple devices?  If using a phone, try a PC, etc.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
fototx
Star
Star

I dont think you should have a problem.  From your description, you're getting this error thrown at log in, right?   Have you tried both the App and the webpage from a couple of devices?  Perhaps your IP is getting blocked somewhere?  Have you contacted support?

While not ME or Asia, I have wire free cameras in the USA and regularly connect to them from Mexico - mostly no issues although I do have an occasional "unable to connect" from one or two of the cameras.  They all come on line after a second attempt.

Conversley, I have Arlo Pro and Q cameras in Mexico and I regularly connect to them from the USA.  Again no issues.

mrking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes; actually I tried the app on my iPhone, and my account ("My Arlo" from the Arlo website) on my laptop, using different wifi connections, and using different web browsers (such as Google Chrome and Firefox). 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the three left most LEDs on the Base Green ? ( sorry wasn't thinking...your remote )

The only other thing I can think of is that the wifi your using is blocking access... can you attempted acess via DATA or another wifi system

Morse is faster than texting!
mrking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree that overally Arlo pro is a good choice to keep an eye (and an ear) on your places. Before buying Arlo pro I tried three different brands and concluded that Arlo pro was better for me. I am satisfied with all the features of this product but now I am surprised with this situation. 

I have tried both the App and the webpage on different devices and also different browsers. As for the IP address; I also thought of that. But the main webpage (arlo.com) can be opened easily and I could go through all the pages (such as "Products", "Support" etc.) without any blockage. 

I just couldn't find a phone number to contact the support team directly. Do you possibly have their contact number for Canada?

Thanks.

fototx
Star
Star

Looks like Canada call center is also in So. Cal.  Here you go:

Canada contact information:

(408)-638-3750

Let us know what you find !

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I was in the middle east last month and had no trouble connecting from multiple locations.

Also, no  problem from Southern Africa or the UK.

As @TomMac said, try and use another wifi eg. coffee shop, friend etc.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I missed it but have you tried cell service and WiFi?