Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro app password

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Larc4
Star
Star
Is there a way to disable the requirement for password to open app on my phone??
I use fingerprint, but it often doesn't work and then makes me type in password. At 4 a.m. I'm trying to see why my camera is going off and I can't even get the app open!
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS?

On both my S7 and Ipad, I never enter the password,  it auto populates  on both with the remember me checked.

On the S7, when the phone is locked with finger print but no issue there either

But also, on both I never sign out, just swipe away or send to background.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Larc4
Star
Star
I have Samsung S6
I never log out either.
But it makes me sign in.
I do NOT get any choice for remembering password.
It remembers my e-mail address.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's been happening to me some lately, too. If I force close it works fine as sometimes using another app and trying again. It's just the recent 2 apps that have done this and not all the time.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Larc4,

Do you get the same behavior if you disable fingerprint login? Unless you specifically tell the app to log out, or force close, it should automatically sing back in.

JamesC

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
On my Samsung Galaxy S7 I never have to enter the password it auto-populates. Even when I force close which I have to do offen because the app hangs between modes arm, disarm. Then I have to force close and reopen but I don't have to enter my password. I hope they fix the app so it stops crashing all the time
Larc4
Star
Star
James...I don't know. I've always had the fingerprint on. I'll try it without and see
skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice
With the iPhone 6 fingerprint on I also had this problem. Turning the fingerprint off and staying logged in, the app turns on automatically without having to put in your password.