Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
goodtwin3
Tutor
Tutor

In the past week, something happened with my library recordings and they no longer have sound.  In saying this, they do not have sound through the app on my phone and also through the computer browser.  Earlier in the week, the sound worked like usual (..even for some of the recordings earlier in the week that now have no sound when I access them).  I'm thinking there is a problem with the online library video storage because my memory stick video recordings have the sound. 

Prior to May '18, my Arlo Pro system worked as advertised.  I've been patient, but there is no excuse for the lapses in the advertised service and system features.  Could someone from Arlo please investigate and confirm when this issue will be resolved?  I've tried to be as specific as possible in this post to aid in the troubleshooting of this issue.  Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi goodtwin3,

What browser are you using when you experience this issue? Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the Arlo app?

goodtwin3
Tutor
Tutor

It is not specific to my browser.  I currently am on Firefox 62.0, but have tried with IE also.  I have the most recent IOS 11.4.1 on my phone and did reinstall the app.  I reset the base station and resynced all the cameras with the base.  All cameras worked initially (with sound in the library recordings), but after a few minutes the sound in the library recordings was not working again.  The initial recordings from tonight still have the sound, but the most recent ones do not.  An important factor is that the recordings on my memory stick all have sound.  Thanks for any help you're able to provide. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

goodtwin3,

Have you tried to test if sound plays correctly in another browser such as google chrome?

goodtwin3
Tutor
Tutor

ShayneS,

I tried Safari with the same results as Firefox and IE.  First few videos after base reset and resync of all cameras have sound and after a few minutes no sound.  All have sound on my memory stick though.

Something interesting in Google Chrome happened though, the videos after the base reset and resync of all cameras played correctly with the sound.  However, the ones without the sound (..on Firefox, IE, and the app) were shown in my library but would not load to play………..only the ones that had sound loaded. 

This still does not address the sound issue in my app library though.  All of my tests indicate that it is an issue with Arlo’s online library.  I hope this information is helpful to you. 

goodtwin3
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS

Still experiencing the same with the library recordings having no sound.  Have not changed settings since base reset and resyncing of all cameras yesterday.  Last night, one of the cameras picked up motion 4 times in a period of 2 minutes.  Recordings #1-2 had no sound, #3 had sound and #4 back to no sound in the library.  

Could you please provide an update as to the status of this issue with the Arlo library? 

Thanks for your time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

goodtwin3,

We currently can not replicate this issue as described. To get you further assistance on this issue, I will open a support case with the information you have provided. I will reach out to you in a private message with a support case. 

irenej
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issues with no audio in library recordings intermittently on iPhone's app and also on various web browsers: IE, Firefox, & Chrome. This started happening on September 6 after updating to Arlo app 2.5.4. Removing/re-installing Arlo app plus re-syncing nor disarming/removing/re-adding the Arlo Pro 2 base and cameras did not resolve this issue. My current versions are iPhone 6 with iOS is 10.3.3 and Arlo app 2.5.5. This issue still exists.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

irenej,

Can you provide an example video clip that shows the behavior? If you download the video from the library and play it, do you still experience the issue?

JamesC

irenej
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, the first downloaded video has no audio.
irenej
Aspirant
Aspirant
This second downloaded video has audio. Both videos were recorded back to back. This intermittent behavior is consistent whether viewed in the app, in the library or downloaded format.
pgutierrez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing issues with no audio in library recordings in any of my devices (desktop, iphones and samsung)

Thank you for your help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the mic enabled in the camera settings?