Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

After removing my base station I am unable to reconnect to it - despite all green lights on the base (see attached) and numerous attempts and factory resets.  I'm at a total loss as to why I cannot add a new device to my account and why the base is still not being discovered. Help!IMG_5740.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems you can't discover it because it wasn't reset. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Devices button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

All devices have been removed. Still, no connection is being made to base station when I restart.  See attached scrennshots of my devices and settings.

IMG_5741.pngIMG_5742.png

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

After you did the reset of the base, did you then choose "New to Arlo"? You have to choose that and start over after a reset. If you just log in your base won't show. (at least this is what I've read in this forum, I never actually did it).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only thing New to Arlo does is set up a new account before starting to set the system up. Since he already has an account, he would use Add Device (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Then cameras can be synced.

DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

That option does not present itself.  I already have an account...Do i need to register under an entirely new name/setup?

DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly.  When I add device (in this case the base station).  After several minutes, I get 'no device found'  - despite the base being properly powered up AND connected to the internet (refer to the attachements above of my base station).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the images yet - they need to be approved. What LEDs are lit and what color on the base?

DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

The (3) on the left: power, internet and camera icons are lit Green.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies the system is set up and running. I would remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then hold th base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Start fresh using the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go.

DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done exctly that mutiple times.  The trip happens when claiming the base- every time. The app / base are simply not connecting/discovering each other! Any (other) reasons as to why?   There are NO devices in my 'settings' or 'my devices'

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When claiming, you are on the same home network, right? What LED sar estill on the base? Having all 3 lit green implies it hasn't been fully reset.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I was referring to this post where the person had to choose New........

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it/td-...

DANIELPB
Aspirant
Aspirant

This looked/sounded promising but after starting anew (new user) the device is still not being discovered. I'm at a loss...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@pc2k17 wrote:

I was referring to this post where the person had to choose New........

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it/td-...

Yup, had seen that but don't have a real explanation. There's no reason that an existing account with nothing in it can't add a base. Anything is possible so can't be 100% sure but...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You still haven't responded to my queries about the LED status on the base. If all are green the system is live. It would seem that you didn't hold the reset button long enough to allow the LEDs to flash amber.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe you're not in the same network?.. Check settings on router maybe power cycle it also..