Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hppened several times, looks like it's switching from regular to night vision, some kind of auto mode I guess. I have it set to night vision but it misses the person walking up to the porch.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/7D9962BAEC460E92_201703

7 REPLIES 7
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

I would log a tikcet for this. Could be a costly issue.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Marc, I think I'll just return them to Amazon rather go through Netgear. My Blink hasn't let me down yet, although not as many features it's quick to login and doesn't have this problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gottria,

It looks like this could be happening due to a positioning issue. Motion detection works better with side to side motion across the cameras field of view. It may take some trial and error to find the best location for your camera. Considering taking a look at this article for tips on how to position for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant
As you can see the position of the camera, motion is coming across the field at a slight angle from right to left. Why does the camera start in regular mode then take a bit to switch to night vision.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gottria,

Old camera firmware could be the cause of what you are seeing.

What firmware version is your camera running? (Settings > My Devices > select camera > Device Info > Firmware)

JamesC

Gottria
Aspirant
Aspirant
It has 1.085.0.0_8669
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gottria,

This is not the latest firmware. Does the camera prompt you that an update is available?

JamesC