Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
takumi87
Star
Star

When Night Vision is on, anything that is closed to the camera gets washed out with white. Other objects that are farther in the background look better. Here's an example:

Untitled.png

I have the video quality set to the maximum. Are there any other settings that can help with this? I don't want to turn off Night Vision because then I can't see anything at all.

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is an iris adjustment form the live view screen ( looks like sun icon) .

but don't think it will solve yor problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't even have the night vision on.

I have a spotlight that comes on from motion and the Arlo shows detail in color.

The Arlo Pro is terrible and washed out with no details.

My only option is to not have my motion sensor turn on my spotlight (which is probably not going to happen)

Netgear is aware of this problem but I haven't seen any update on a fix.

It is really the only thing I am unhappy about when I compare the 2 cameras.

I have fixed or modified any of the the other issues I had myself.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/B9CE854D188D110E_201701

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/74CDEA6B709FA186_201701

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's one of the differences I noted when comparing the Arlo to the PRO...The Arlo seems to have less of a problem like this be it the rearrangement of the Pro's IR leds and/or the iris/lens sensitivity .... On the other side, it does seems to have pretty good night vison with normal lighting..

Give - Take (?)

Change only comes from Netgear knowing the problem from complaints or from the want area

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Morse is faster than texting!
takumi87
Star
Star

I'll play around with the Iris adjustment to see if that helps.

In my case, I am seeing this issue even without any lights turning on. I'm expecting that using a motion light would probably make this even worse. I'll play around with maybe using a motion light with night vision disabled.

takumi87
Star
Star

Nope, the iris adjustment didn't make it any better? Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Netgear knows about this issue and I have a case number but they are wanting me to respond or it will be cosed in 3 days.

There is nothing for me to respond to.

Until they update the firmware (or don't) or investigate the issue there isn't much that we can do if we have tried what we can on our end to solve an issue that is not solveable on our end.

We are not the ones getting paid to problem solve these cameras and issues. As it is we spend more time than we should bringing these problems to their attention. I would be willing to work with them if I was paid for my time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When I get the 3 day notification, I simply respond with a new update to the case saying that I'm keeping the case open, waiting for a resolution.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks,

I'll have to do that.

Dave

tibert
Star
Star

I had a white-balance issue as well with the latest firmware (as of 2/22/17).  Agent indicated it was a bug with the Pan & Zoom feature when it is turned on (also can affect the live-view when in night-vision... being all black, etc.).  Workaround is to reset the Pan & Zoom (button should be enabled on the page when it is active).  Fixed my issue.  Perhaps it may fix yours?

takumi87
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestion. I just clicked the Reset button on my Pan & Zoom but unfortunately, that didn't help with my issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

takumi87,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC