Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro went BLACK at night

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
cupofjo
Tutor
Tutor

Before last night, Arlo Pro had decent night videos. We charged the camera yesterday, and now the videos are BLACK at dusk (charged earlier in the week too).  You can see dots of lights where the landscape/path lights are in a sea of black. No settings were changed, and this is not the first time we've charged it.  (It gets a lot of motion from squirrels, so fourth charge in a month - annoying in its own right). I've tried opening the battery to 'reset', adjusting the brightness settings, there are plenty of lights to support IR, turned night vision on/off, etc. - these were suggestions I found for regular Arlo. I noticed the red IR lights glowing last night too. No troubleshooting seemed to help, so it's going back today (return period ends tomorrow).  IDK if this is a firmware update or just defective. It also has never picked up as well on the left side of screen (at the building, which is what I'm watching). 

I happen to be coming home in the image on the right, so I know that the lights were on and as expected from a visual perspective. The middle light barely shows as it is pointed away from the camera (you see it bouncing off of shrubs in the left image). These are roughly the same time of night.

Arlo.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

contact Support with this info, if you reset the camera alrready by pulling the battery and did a power button reboot of the base, the camera may have a problem.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

looks like a IR light malfunction.

I'd also double check to see if you accidentally disabled Night vision in the cameras settings...

DenLizB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Pretty much disgusted with the system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DenLizB,

Is Night Vision toggled on? (Settings > My Devices > select desired camera > Video Settings > Toggle)

When you are live streaming or motion is being detected at night, do you see the IR LEDs on the front of the camera turn on?

JamesC