Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Whats up guys! Just got my new setup today from Best Buy. Had everything installed, updated, and running in under an hour. So far this thing is awesome. Looking forward to chatting and learning more! Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

always good to hear someone thats pleased...most only have problems ( which is why they come here so it's really expected )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice

TomMac wrote:

always good to hear someone thats pleased...most only have problems ( which is why they come here so it's really expected )

One thing I've learned from being a member of many forums in my life is that you take what you read with a grain of salt. Like you said, people only go to forums to voice an issue or look for a solution to one. I do have a couple questions....

- Is there any required maintenece for these cameras? Especially for outdoor cameras?

- Has anybody tried using rain-x on the camera to prevent water build up on the lens cover?

- The iOS app is very buggy. Are there any updates coming out to resolve these issues?

- Are there any solutions to securing the camera to a secure object to prevent theft?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No maintenance has been done to my cameras, some of which are approaching 2 years old. Rain-X sounds like a good idea but I haven't tried it. Yes, the iOS app has recently been problematic. And a cable attached to the camera using the mount socket (1/4"-20 thread) to the house should prevent most removal attempts.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same here, no real trouble with outside cams....

Just on one camera I used a bit of silicon grease  on the o-ring ( type used on pool filter cover o-ring )

As I saw a drop of water inside after a big storm , never had a problem since

Only other thing to speak of is when it gets really cold below 0, the battery level drops but they still seem to work ( Arlos )

The Pros we tested recently for cold too, and in my freezer they stopped at -4F

Tom

Morse is faster than texting!
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cool thanks! I'll look into a cable that attached to the screw mount.