Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

one camera keeps going offline

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
ramie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read all the "fix" suggestions regarding my camera going offline on my arlo pro 4 camera system to no avail , it is a really expensive system that i purchased 2 days ago  for a camera not to work, i have tried contacting support as well with no answer, maybe someone in here can help...

12 REPLIES 12
ramie
Aspirant
Aspirant

for an extremely expensive device there is no customer support whatsoever, been on the phone for an hour now and no one is answearing, sent emails, with no response , these item will be going back to best buy and bad reviews will be posted... i really wanted to like these system ...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
We need details as you what's happening as well as what you've tried.

What firmware versions on all cameras and the base do you have?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ramie,

I have reviewed your support case and it appears an RMA has issued for a defective device. Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this case.

Thank you,

JamesC

seanJ44
Star
Star
I have the same problem with the Arlo pro going off-line. It started happening about two weeks ago and one camera kept going off-line so I bought another one to replace it today I received it installed it and now it went off-line again. I have three base stations and 15 cameras about half Arlo pro and half regular Arlo and one Arlo Q inside. The device that keeps going off-line is approximately 30 feet away from the base station and Internet router. Please advise
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

seanJ44,

If different cameras are behaving the same way in that location, there must be some interference at that location that is causing the cameras to drop. You could try locating one of your base stations closer to the affected area/camera to see if that helps with the issue.

JamesC

bizo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im have the same issue here with one of my four cameras. keeps going offline and its draining the battery. been on the phone with support and speaking with someone from who knows what country and i can barely understand them. after half and hour they tell me that they are going to forward my issue to the "next level of support" to determine what their next course of action is. for something so expensive you would think they would treat customer with better support. looks like a trip back to the store where i bought them

pnygren
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few of my cameras have gone off line or just simply failed to work even when everything looks as if they are working.  I have not a clue as how to fix the darn thing.  Whats more maddening is that they all worked flawlessly for about a month.

I use recomended batteries and have followed all the proper steps so ........... ???  WTF

Can anyone out there help me ??   PLEASE

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pnygren,

It could be an interference related issue with the location of the camera. What is the signal strength like for the affected cameras? One way to further isolate the issue would be to swap locations of the affected camera with a camera that is behaving correctly to see if the issue follows the location or the camera.

JamesC

pnygren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply James C.  I did try your sugestion and found diferent results,  so it has been a head scatcher.

i did find that when i signed off and then back on again things worked fine !!  Seems to be  hit or miss...... Go figure

Cjlausen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the very same issue.....I bought the 3 camera system yesterday and have been troubleshooting this all day.  They all go offline periodically, then reboot the system to get them all back on line and then they go down one by one or all at once....very frustrating and very discouraging.  This system was very expensive to have this many issues.  the setup was very user friendly but that doesn't help!  I am going to give it a day or two to see what happens but if this continues then I will return to Fry's!

Sbcare
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Camera works for about an hour or two after a full charge then it goes off line
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the WiFi connection to the base is weak or has interference from other wireless devices using the 2.4GHz band?  That can cause the issue.