Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
sarahannclark5
Follower
Follower

Every time I try to add my new iphone 13 pro to the arlo app it says "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again." I have tried everything I can think of with uninstall and re-install. Deleting the app off my old phone. Anyone else have this same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.  

Thanks, 

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Dannybear
Master
Master
It is likely that the login is being blocked by the arlo two factor identification requirement. It is likely that the request is still being sent to your old phone.
If you go onto the arlo web portal you can choose another method such as email to receive the request to trust your new phone.
drowlett
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue. I’ve deleted/reinstalled the app, restarted the phone, deleted the old phone as a trusted device, tried both SMS and email for the 2-step verification process and NOTHING works.

mcbrewer6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing the same thing.  I am using a replacement iPhone 7 as my old iPhone stopped working.  I restored the old phone to the new one from a backup.  Arlo wouldn't trust the device.  I removed the old trusted iPhone, reinstalled the app several times, cycled power to the base station.  Nothing seems to allow the new iPhone to be trusted.  There seems to be no way to get past the trust device stage.

Grenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem with my new IPhone13. I can’t get past the Trust screen. I’ve tried everything suggested. HELP!
Dannybear
Master
Master
While this could be related to a arlo backend issue. Have a read of arlo two factor requirements.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062580/What-is-a-trusted-device
mevdokimov
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got the iPhone 13 Pro, and having the exact same problem as you describe. Every time I try to add my new iphone 13 pro to the arlo app it says "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again." If anyone has a fix, kindly share. Thanks in advance!

JNFriesen
Initiate
Initiate
I can’t get it to trust my new iPhone 12 either. This is disappointing. I have deleted the app, used an alternate verification source and still, it won’t text my new phone or trust this device.
drowlett
Initiate
Initiate
In an effort to be able to view the cameras on my new phone, I decided to choose “don’t trust” this device and the app loaded then with no issues. So my new phone isn’t a trusted device but I’m able to do two-step verification either via text or email. Seems to be working fine so far.
JNFriesen
Initiate
Initiate
That worked! Two out of three cameras are viewable. I can resync the third and be good! Thanks for the help!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

AmyCee
Initiate
Initiate
Same!! New iPhone 13 isn’t a “trusted” device.
So frustrating!!!
danbo83
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue. I can't get the app to trust my new iphone SE.

I've tried all of the above suggestions. 

Not working.

danbo83
Initiate
Initiate

I figured it out!

When the app asks you to "trust this device" you have to click "Don't trust" and then it instantly started working.

AmyCee
Initiate
Initiate

Yes!!  I tried that out of desperation and it worked!!  Just signed in to let others know when I read your reply.  It is counterintuitive to say DON'T trust this device, but I am just happy it's working!!😀

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.  

Thanks, 

JamesC