Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro - Person I invited can create an account, but it is not linking to our account/cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JaxW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Person I invited can create an account, but it is not linking to our account/cameras. 

We follow the instructions on support to add person, click on cameras they can view and send the invite. They receive the invite, but when they create the account, it is a whole new account with no devices. Doesn't link to ours at all. 

I've never had this problem ever with inviting new employees. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JaxW wrote:

Person I invited can create an account, but it is not linking to our account/cameras. 

We follow the instructions on support to add person, click on cameras they can view and send the invite. They receive the invite, but when they create the account, it is a whole new account with no devices. Doesn't link to ours at all. 

I've never had this problem ever with inviting new employees. 

If the person accepted the invite in the app, have them try again on a PC.  They'd need to click on the "create account" link - that will open the PC browser to my.arlo.com.  Then they just log into their existing account (no need to create a new one).

JaxW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll see if they can use a different browser from their PC. But after they get in there, will they be able to log in from the app? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JaxW wrote:

But after they get in there, will they be able to log in from the app? 

Yes.  Just as you can log in either from my.arlo.com or from the app.

Two Factor Verification does apply, so they should have their phone handy so they can authorize the login on the PC.