Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New arlo app unable to login Error 2605

Discussion stats
Brett73
Guide
Guide

So I have dowloaded the new Arlo App from the AppStore and also deleted the Legacy app from my phone.

I have signed into the new Arlo App but its not showing any of my cameras and just shows the text "Log Back In" or "Log Out" at the bototom of the screen.

Anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong ?

68 REPLIES 68
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello. 

Have you tried to update to the latest iOS 13 & download the latest version of the Arlo Mobile app 2.9 & test again?

Inv220
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue with the new updated version. In both my IPad & IPhone 6+

Atomskier
Aspirant
Aspirant
DuranHe
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem here. 

I've downloaded the new app and delete the legacy one. I got the login page again and again shows "Log Back In" and "Log Out".

dolphy
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, updated my iPhone X to version 13 on 9/23.  Still can't launch the app.  

Mmongillo
Guide
Guide

I have an iPhone. Just downloaded the new Arlo app per the notice that the old one will not be supported after 9-30-19. Well it doesn’t work. I set up a new password and the only screen I get tells me to login back in. I log out log back in and get the same screen message. Now I can’t see any of my cameras that I have at 2 houses. I see nothing. And trying to reach Arlo Support is impossible. I’m about to throw Arlo in the trash.

mjw69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same

Ryanelizabeth
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mmongillo,

When you're trying to log in, are you receiving any error when logging in? Have you tried reinstalling the new Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone to see if that helps?

Mmongillo
Guide
Guide

Jessica..see attached

Yes..getting an error message at top of login screen.  Screenshot shows the message.

I deleted the app completely, reinstalled it, rebooted by iPhone and still the same result.

rayers
Initiate
Initiate

ShayneS, JessicaP there is apparently a problem with the new app since both your recommendations are not working. Are you able to escalate this to the developers or at least next level support?

I too am experiencing the same symptoms, error and annoying message to upgrade to a new app that is broke.

And yes applied all your recommendations with no change to the issue.

Tim706
Initiate
Initiate

I have 6 cameras & a base station at one property & another installation at another. After updating the App (after repeated emails threatening the service would be unusable), it confirmed my email login, but now the service no longer allows me access to anything past the login page. It just says "We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue." This is the same on the iPhone & on a separate computer. I redid the update & then deleted the old app (it gets rebnamed to Arlo legacy app), rebooted etc, etc.. Utterly useless waste of my time & useless service. No doubt all the changes are down to someone trying to squeeze more money from those that have spent a small fortune on these things & on the batteries that are hit & miss with respect to their performance - if you get a bad batch tour recharging every other day, so I will likely be getting a wired solution now.

Tom9608
Initiate
Initiate

I'm still seeing an issue that has been classified as resolved. "We're sorry, the system is experiencing an unexpected issue". Not happy. The new app requirement won't work.

Tom9608
Initiate
Initiate

The issue was resolved by Tech Support. There were conflicting email accounts listed.

Cecelia1111
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unable to log in also. I deleted & reinstalled the app. Still doesn’t work. I followed your lead and downloaded the Arlo Legacy App and it works. Thank you for posting! I hope the fix the problems ASAP.
Deleteduser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, I’m having the same exact issue.  They better sort this out or they’re going down in flames....

Brett73
Guide
Guide

I'm still having the same problem. I have upgraded to Iphone 11 with IOS 13.1 and also the latest Arlo App and its still showing the same screen with option to "Log back in"

LoriT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem
Scott_P
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I log in with the "Legacy" app, I am able to view the cameras. With the new app, I get the error that I placed in the subject line. As the Legacy app will be turned down in 2 days, I need Arlo to fix this "system issue" ASAP
Scott_P
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is on Android btw
hcmnstrange
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue but it's also on the website. Has there been a fix for this yet?

Tim706
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue, but I'm on IoS 13.1

Also I cannot logon to Arlo on my desktop - I get the same error "We're sorry, the system is experiencing an unexpected issue"

The NEW app says "2605: Optional("We are sorry, the system is experiencing an unexpected issue.") when I try to log in. It display the Arlo logo, my email address then highlights the first of two buttons that say "Log Back In" or "Log Out"

ddrrgg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Tried uninstalling/reinstall/reboot but doesn’t help. IphoneX. IOS13, Arlo 2.9.1
Arlo1523
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem and emailed support on Friday. All I get is that they received it and will contact within 1-2 days. Been having the issue for a few days now. We have cameras because of issues with our neighbor and now I can’t even see them. Hope it’s fixed before the 30th. I’ve installed, uninstalled, re-installed, updated iOS and still nothing.
rburton12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two phones, one is an android and the app works great, the other on IOS 13 and have never been able to get passed the sign on screen, keep getting the message that the password does not match even though it's obviously the correct password as I have no problems on the android and web.  Tried to remove the app and the other steps mentioned on this thread, no luck.  You obviously have a problem with the IOS operating system.