Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
18SRV
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just recieved a revised  EOL message from ARLO saying all current EOL products will to continue to have 7 days free cloud storage and that they have extended to current customers of EOL products their special EOL purchases of both replacement camera's and doorbell cams of 50% off and 75% off the purchase of subscriptions. Good news, but?? I have these two questions....

1.) Will EOL products still recieve text and email notifications of motions detected from theri current EOL camera's?

2.) To what date has the EOL special product & subscriptions offer been extended to?

Thank you to anyone who understands and has answers to these!

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

18SRV,

After reaching the EoL date associated with each listed model, some automatic email alerts and push notifications may be reduced or eliminated as per the EoL policy document.

For the latest information on the EoL policy, see here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a

For more information on special offers, please visit: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html

JamesC

18SRV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James.

Unfortunately Arlo’s EOL message is the same poor information as is their poor and unacceptable product and customer service.

”SOME automatic email alerts and push notifications MAY be reduced or eliminated as per the EoL policy document.

Their useless EOL obviously leaves many customers wondering…..

Will our systems which we all rely on to provide reliable safety and security to our family and property still work after July / 2023?

This shows a total lack of true loyalty to their customers who bought Arlo’s products believing as they advertised that Arlo camera and push notifications where to free!

Knowing that SOME products MAY not continue to receive notifications shows what kind of company ARLO truly is! Dishonest and non commital not to mention illegal.

Arlo’s new business model is to eliminate their no subscription services and move to a total subscription paid product. All their new cameras require a paid subscription service after their three month free trial period. After that their recording services and push notifications no longer work. This is a quote from their sales and customer service when I recently asked.

A reliable, honest and good company would just say that proving once again ARLO IS NOT A RELIABLE OR HONEST COMPANY!

hollandnm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the EOL offer code and am considering my options.  When does the EOL offer code expire?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hollandnm,

The EOL offers are good through the end of June.

JamesC