Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo app is slow & unresponsive. Recording not showing up for hours. Need to force quit app.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nothing works right for months. App, slow and unresponsive. Recording not showing up for hours. Can’t play back recordings without going in and out of app multiple times. This is worse than ever. 3-4 years ago this worked just fine. I’m looking at a better solution now. Can’t do business like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently updated the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.12.2. Make sure to update to the new version to see if that helps. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12.2 - 8th January 2020.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi harley239,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the Arlo app and reboot your phone device? Are you able to see the recordings show up through the web client on your computer?

Cjoyce3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded the new app only to find that it is slow and unresponsive.  To login takes forever and then it times out.  Once I do get logged in the videos don't download. I'm using an IPhone 7 OS 12. How do I get support for this.? Your support website is not very user friendly

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Cjoyce3,

Are you running the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.10? Try to reinstall and reboot your iPhone to see if that helps.

And is this happening on both WiFi and/or cellular data?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently updated the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.12.2. Make sure to update to the new version to see if that helps. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12.2 - 8th January 2020.