Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Add on Arlo Pro Camera - Alarm sounds only for one second

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jyad
Apprentice
Apprentice

HI

I just bought a brand new add on Arlo Pro add on Camera

I wanted to test the alarm, so I put it on "Armed mode" and walked right in front of the camera.  The base station Alarm sounded for exactly one second.   Kinda like the time it takes to say "Hee Haw".  That was it.

It did take the video like it was supposed to

I tested my other cameras and they set off the alarm fine

Is there something built into new cameras where the alarm will not trigger for its intended period of time or a certain amount of time for the user to allow testing, or do you think this new one is a defective camera? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jyad
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is working now 

I disconnected the camera from the system, reinstalled the Android Arlo app, and added the camera back to the system again (this time from a windows browser) .  I also restarted the base.   It works fine now.   For a moment, I was very concerned, thinking all my other cameras had this 1 second alarm second for the whole time....

The new camera was confusing the whole system.  It would not sound the Alarm and the Android app was acting weird

The app would randomly switch to "disarmed" after I armed it, and as I mentioned above, would motion around the camera would not sound the alarm

Not sure if this was happening because the other cameras were installed prior to the most recent android update...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the alarm is a hardware feature of the base, try restarting the base. Try manualy starting and stopping it. Verify the settings in the Armed mode and try again.

Jyad
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is working now 

I disconnected the camera from the system, reinstalled the Android Arlo app, and added the camera back to the system again (this time from a windows browser) .  I also restarted the base.   It works fine now.   For a moment, I was very concerned, thinking all my other cameras had this 1 second alarm second for the whole time....

The new camera was confusing the whole system.  It would not sound the Alarm and the Android app was acting weird

The app would randomly switch to "disarmed" after I armed it, and as I mentioned above, would motion around the camera would not sound the alarm

Not sure if this was happening because the other cameras were installed prior to the most recent android update...