Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Arlo Pro Australian Power Adapter (Model 332-10867-01) Major Fault!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.  I have had an experience recently that I felt other Arlo Pro Users should be made aware of. After 6 months of flawless operation - my security system suddenly crashed. The Base Station (VMB4000)  was showing ONE ONLY Orange Light.

I contacted Netgear Support and so started an excessively lengthy back and forth with Support - including restarting; resetting; My Modem information; Requests for me to contact both the maker of my Modem and my Internet Provider to check that certain ports were open on my Modem. This process took literally foreever - trying to get through to NetComm (Modem) and Southern Phones (Internet Provider) - took a couple of days. All these 'possible' solutions proved useless!!

I then provided the Model details of the power adapter that came with the set of cameras. They initiated a RMA and eventually (After 5-6 days) sent me a new Power Adapter.

I plugged this in - and surprise, surprise - everything was up and running again - no faults. I did have to connect each individual camera again - but everything is working well.

During the process of checking the power adapter I reported to Netgear Support that the adapter felt very hot - much more than usual. It was plugged into it's own power point without any power boards. When I reported this - this is when they initiated a new power adapter.

I suspect there is a major issue with the original power adapter (Similar to the Recall of power adapters for Netgear in U.S.A -    https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arlopro/Netgear_VMA4700_Recall_PR.pdf)

I believe that this could have caused a fire as it was getting very hot. I also believe that there may be an issue with the Australian Power Adapter - that we haven't been told about - that could cuase real issues.

Please check your adapter - if it gets excessively hot - then I would suggest contacting Netgear Support rather than taking a risk.  This is only my opinion - but I felt that I needed to share it with everyone just in case!!

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you got the model number for your faulty one still? Is the model number for the replacement different?

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.  Sorry I destroyed the faulty one but didn't keep the model number.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, is it the model number in the Subject? 332-10867-01 ?

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.  Sorry yes it is!! That's the number in the subject field.

I'm not sure why others aren't as worried as I am.  The faulty power adapter was getting really hot - probably would have started melting or something. I don't believe that this is a one-off - I believe, as in the USA, that there is an issue with the faulty adapter - and it should be looked into.  Jusy my opinion.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I just checked mine and it's the same model number 332-010867-01 and it's way cooler than the other power adapters in the same tiny cupboard. Perhaps it was just a one off. I've had this for over a year now running 24/7