Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Freda
Aspirant
Aspirant

We currently use the ARLO system at our office park for security for tenants.

My question is we have a non profit Christmas Program that we are needing additional cameras for but we are needing the cameras to store all the data for the holiday season for approximately 2 months. Not just for 7 days I believe that it stores now. Is there an option to store the data for that length of time? 

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Freda,

Subscribing to the Elite subscription plan will allow library content to remain for up to 60 days. Take a look here for subscription plan details: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Why not use the thumb USB drive to store all your camera videos?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The thumb drive is an easy way to keep your videos around.  Dependingon how many you need to store, use large (64GB) drives and put them in both ports so when the first one fills, the sencond one is used automatically.

Also, if you're so inclined or have a geek around to help, I have a Python script which I use to download all of my videos on a daily basis. It can be run manually or use the computer's scheduler to run it automatically.  If you think you'd like to try, send me your email address in a PM and I'll send it off to you with directions.

Freda
Aspirant
Aspirant

so I get the thumb drive suggestions but how do I go about that. Does the base of where my station is have a port ..... I am not onsite where the cameras are. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A Pro base has two ports that are available for USB drives.

Apprentice
Apprentice

How complex is the Python script? So it downloads when viewing the videos in one's PC?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not terribly complex but does involve downloading and installing Python and a support library as well as tweaking the script with your login credentials, where to store the videos and naming the cameras for easy identification. It's all documented but someone with little to no experience with such stuff may want help from a local contact.  It's not painful, just needs a little knowledge and willingness to learn a few things.

Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, thank you.