Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
2Longhorns
Follower
Follower

I have a base station and cameras on our villa in the Virgin Islands. I need to keep video for 60 days but I can't add subscription to that location (why not??). I have an account/base/cameras set up at my home in Texas with shared access to the cameras in the VI. I can add the subscription plan to my Texas/home account but the shared cameras can't be added to the plan. How can I access 60 days of recording on the cameras at my international rental property? Can I add the VI base station to my Texas account without physically flying there to reconnect the system (ie. merge or integrate the accounts online without physically disconnecting or risk losing visibility of the rental in the meantime)? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@2Longhorns wrote:

I have a base station and cameras on our villa in the Virgin Islands. I need to keep video for 60 days but I can't add subscription to that location (why not??). I have an account/base/cameras set up at my home in Texas with shared access to the cameras in the VI. I can add the subscription plan to my Texas/home account but the shared cameras can't be added to the plan. How can I access 60 days of recording on the cameras at my international rental property? Can I add the VI base station to my Texas account without physically flying there to reconnect the system (ie. merge or integrate the accounts online without physically disconnecting or risk losing visibility of the rental in the meantime)? Thanks!

Perhaps some folks with direct experience can offer an answer that has been tested.  Until then I was wondering if you have tried logging in to your VI account while physically in the states and then updating your plan from that login.  I don't know what Arlo uses to decide your account location...where you are when you are logged in or where your basestation and cameras are located.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not all countries have subscriptions available - there's an FAQ here that details what ones can get them.

To trick the system into allowing subscriptions requires that you set the system up fresh in a country that has support and use a credit card from that country.

I have a Python script that I use to download all videos every day using a computer and its scheduler. If you want it PM me your email address - DON'T post it here.