Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jlp1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried syncing one camera and got good indications from the camera, but still offline.  Tried removing devices and starting over, but can't get a removed device back using the my.arlo web site anymore; adding a device gets me a sales screen offering an app for my phone.  How do I get my devices back and get them back online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some cameras require the use of the app so maybe the message to get the app is just in the wrong place?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you trying to access the arlo web site portal with your mobile device, if so it’s likely that it would prefer you to download the arlo mobile app. If you’re using a pc web browser it’s possible that the browser is not supported and so pushing you to use the mobile app.
jlp1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I originally used my pc with mozilla.  Just tried Edge and Chrome with same results.  It's looking like I'll have to get the mobile app.  Any words to the wise on using the mobile app?  Or should I try something else?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jlp1,

If you're still experiencing an issue with your browser, try clearing your browser cache first and then test again to see if you still see the same behavior.

JamesC

jlp1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried clearing cache (cache and cookies only) and still get the window for downloading the mobile app.  Maybe I'm not hearing what it's saying: I should download the app.  I'll give that a shot and post the results.

jlp1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works now.  Maybe someone with more experience than me can figure out why.

I got the apps window as usual when clicking "New
Device" on the my.arlo portal.  I clicked the "Base Stations" option in the lower left corner and the portal went looking for my base station - and found it!  Where did I get the idea that I was downloading a mobile app for my phone?  So after verifying that it really had found my base station, I began syncing cameras.  They are syncing up and taking pictures fine.

Thanks for your help, but I suspect that the problem was operator error.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some cameras require the use of the app so maybe the message to get the app is just in the wrong place?

jlp1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I suspect that is true.  I took the apps to be ads, when they were really functional means to fix glitches.  I'll pay more attention next time.