Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My "Arlo pro cameras won't sync" solution

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
accountname
Follower
Follower

I came to this forum because I could not get my Arlo Pro cameras to sync with the base station. Brand new VMS4330 kit. Seems like I am not alone. After reading through multipe threads and trying reboots, batteries out, standing on my head. pressing quickly, pressing slowly, I was down to either

* call the help desk,

* Try some of the witchcraft suggestions

* Try something else.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I bypassed my router (ASUS RT-AC68U) and put the base station directly on the internet by plugging it directly into my cable modem next to my router. (I can get two WAN ip addresses my from my ISP). Voila it all came to life and I could sync my cameras. The base station is back on my home network behind the routers NAT and firewall and all is still good.

My guess is there is something in the discovery process between the cameras and the base station that is getting supressed by the ASUS router. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as I can't see what role the router would have given the base station and cameras are on their own wireless setup. The cameras aren't even requesting an IP address from the router. 

Anyway,  I hope this may help save some fustration with somebody with a similar problem and router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your Asus router might have a required port blocked. Glad you got it going though

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your Asus router might have a required port blocked. Glad you got it going though