Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
golf2234
Follower
Follower
What should I do ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• Lvaero
    Initiate
    Initiate

Follow this post below.. It worked for me as well.

Okay, I've been trying for 3 days to get Arlo to recognize my new IPhone 13 with no luck.  I ran across something on a post that I tried and IT WORKED!!!   First, sign into your Arlo app. on your phone , then go through the 2 step verification and enter that code they send you.  Then......when the window pops up that asks to trust this device, I clicked on [DO NOT TRUST].  Everything started working perfectly.  So, I'm not sure what this means but it is a temporary solution for now.  Maybe Arlo will get a fix for the issue with the new IPhones.  

39 REPLIES 39
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi golf2234,

If your new device is not being recognized, try reading this article to learn how: Why does the Arlo app say it doesn’t recognize this device when I try to log in?

You can also refer to this article to learn how to troubleshoot when Two-Step Verification is not working: Why isn't two-step verification working?

broadwac
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Jessica,

This did not work for me and nor did the steps. I get the code and it passes to the stage of ADD TRUSTED DEVICE but fails when Trust button is clicked. Get the developers to fix the app please.

The error message on the app is in red color and states "There was a problem trusting this device."

I am using an iPhone 13 Pro Max and my iPhone 11 worked well using this process along with my iPhone8+ a long time ago. Please email me with working fix.

Kind Regards,

hamblin10
Initiate
Initiate

I am haveing the same issue. Just bought an iphone 13 max pro and I am getting the unable to trust red message.

z3moma
Initiate
Initiate
Same…Arlo does not allow me to add my new iPhone 13 Pro Max. I’m so frustrated! I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Turned off and on the base to reset; and tried logging on to the web site instead of the app. I get the same error message at the top on red that there is a problem trusting this device.

HELP please.
Portlandmom
Guide
Guide

Same here...just bought an IPhone 13 and app won't recognize it, only says "There is a problem trusting this device."  I am thinking of cancelling my plan.

nmedina
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having same issue. Not a happy customer
Angrennie
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem!!! It is so frustrating that you can not even get a response to help here or on their so called “live” chat that is a database computer response that was of no help.
JMCC
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same issue with my iPhone 13Pro. Has anybody resolved this yet? Also tried link above and did not work.
CesarLeon
Initiate
Initiate

Same Issue. Will not let me add phone as a trusted device.

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
Same issue here.

Is anyone from Arlo listening ?
Portlandmom
Guide
Guide

Okay, I've been trying for 3 days to get Arlo to recognize my new IPhone 13 with no luck.  I ran across something on a post that I tried and IT WORKED!!!   First, sign into your Arlo app. on your phone , then go through the 2 step verification and enter that code they send you.  Then......when the window pops up that asks to trust this device, I clicked on NO.  Everything started working perfectly.  So, I'm not sure what this means but it is a temporary solution for now.  Maybe Arlo will get a fix for the issue with the new IPhones.  

Angrennie
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks!
Mattyduel
Initiate
Initiate
It works on mine also. Thanks saying no don’t trust working
Portlandmom
Guide
Guide
I’m so glad it worked for you too! Please pass it along! Yay
nmedina
Initiate
Initiate
THANKS. It’s working now
d14johnson
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried for the past 2 days to get trusted. I followed all the troubleshooting steps outlined from Arlo and nothing worked but as soon as I followed your steps It logged me in. I got the message that your iPhone 13 was not trusted and as soon as I hit "Ok" it logged me right into the app. This is an extremely frustrating solution.

Portlandmom
Guide
Guide

I'm glad this is working for other people too.  I don't know what the consequences are to having a device on the account that is technically "not trusted".  It's frustrating because this is the primary phone number for the account.  It may be a temporary solution until Arlo figures out how to sync with new IPhones but at least I can access my cameras now.  I was ready to ditch my 6 cameras and go purchase a new brand and service.  This is a better option for me.  

z3moma
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here with new iPhone ProMax. Arlo needs to fix the app code to allow for the newer devices.

Nothing worked EXCEPT logging in and answering DO NOT TRUST THIS DEVICE. (Deleting app and reinstalling, powering off/on Arlo base, deleting previous phone, changing txt code to email, powering on/off new phone….nothing). I was finally able to get to my cameras after not trusting my new phone.

Thanks for those in community who recommended this solution that worked for them.

Arlo doesn’t seem to monitor or help their customers. They need to proactively stay on top of new technology to prevent these issues.

Anyone from Arlo reading?
UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
It did work for me. Thanks for providing your feedback.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Portlandmom wrote:

I don't know what the consequences are to having a device on the account that is technically "not trusted".  

There aren't any really.  All it means is that you need to use two-factor verification every time you log in.

Hopefully Arlo will fix the issue soon.

Dolomiteclay
Initiate
Initiate

I was getting the same error message and this worked.  I'm able to login after telling it to not trust the device. Strange.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

Rsnyder
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing happened to me (05/29/22). I got a iphone 13 pro. I was converting over from a non iphone.   I went through the two step verification and clicked trust device and then nothing worked. I read below a post indicating I should click don't trust device. I tried again and sure enough we you choose don't trust device everything works.

Kimm521
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Looking forward to a fix soon.