Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
skeeter805
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have all 5 Arlo Pro cameras successfully synced to the Arlo app on my phone. My wife only has 3 cameras synced on her phone and I'm not able to add the last two. The app constantly times out and cannot discover any other cameras. This is what I've been doing:

On the Base Station:

Held Sync button on top of base station for no more than 2 seconds

In the app:

"+" to add new device (selecting Wire-Free Arlo Camera)

The app correctly detects my existing base station (Continue)

Batteries are insterted into the desired camera

Held the Sync button on he Arlo camera and tapped "Continue" when the camera blinks blue

The app then searches to add the camera, but the blue blinking light on the camera continually times out and the app cannot find or detect it. What other steps can I take to sync the last two cameras? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you're using the grant access feature for your wife then you do not need to sync for her phone.

On the grant access page just make sure that all 5 cameras are enabled for her. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you're using the grant access feature for your wife then you do not need to sync for her phone.

On the grant access page just make sure that all 5 cameras are enabled for her. 

skeeter805
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome! Just did it and all good. Thanks SO much, I definitely appreciate it!

Habudave
Aspirant
Aspirant

set of four purchased, but one will not connect to base. Lights flash blue and amber.  Swaped batteries, as well as hard wired.  no joy.  possible replacement?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're only briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds.

If no joy, swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

MJTKC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up our Arlo with my email and phone. I've Granted access to my wife. She can see 5 of the 6 cameras. Only the cameras online. I need for her to have full Administrative capabilities to put cameras ON/OFF Line. How do we do this?

skeeter805
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same question - this was the reply (which worked):

"If you're using the grant access feature for your wife then you do not need to sync for her phone.

On the grant access page just make sure that all the cameras are enabled for her."