Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI Fellow Arlo users,

Just purchased a brand new Arlo Pro combo with base station and 3 cameras. With the base station connected to the net  and powered up (green lights OK). I then tried to sync one of the 3 cameras with the same result. Unable to sync any cameras.

The sync light flashes on the base station when pressed for the 2 secs, then pressing one of the  cameras sync buttion for 2 secs, the blue light flashes slowly. After a period of approximatley 30 seconds the amber light flashes fast on the camera, and the green light on the base station extinguishes itself. Help please......not a happy customer presently

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,

Ive had success this morning, after powering the system down for an entire day it now works perfectly.?

Cameras have update there firmware settings as did the base station.

Not quite sure it finally worked, but thats electronics for you.

Thansk to too all your inputs for my dilemma 

regards

ian

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Streak2
Master Master
Master

For good measure, factory reset the base using a paper clip, hold in until all lights turn amber.

Then begin the process from scratch.

You only need a momentary press of the sync button on the base.

cwasea
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the camera charged?
iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Prodigy,

Ive completed the tasks,unfortunatley they havent worked. Seems to effect all cameras with the same result.

I have now made an decision to strat charging one camera and test after the battery is fully charged. Netgear report

there batteries are fully charged although perhaps not enough to transmit across 2.4 adn 5ghz. Time will tell.

Otherwise its back to the retailer for a refund/replacement.

iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appeared charged without any indication of battery failure. I will therefore endeavour to charge 1 camera , so i can eliminate this from my fault.

cwasea
Aspirant
Aspirant
I read the fully charged comment from the factory statement too. Finally plugged it in to charge and it finally synced.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also try syncing while plugged in.  The camera will run fine on just the power supply.

iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can also try syncing while plugged in.  The camera will run fine on just the power supply.

Ive tried various tasks,Reboot,power cycle moving base away from router, camera fully charged, also camera fully chraged and plugged into power supply. Still no sync.

I've tried a base station factory reset , now we have solid green lights on the power, internet and a Solid AMBER light on the camera led.

Tried syncing again and no sync available, I need my money back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station will not sync even with camera plugged in grrrrrr

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a faulty base. Either swap the system at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

iannmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,

Ive had success this morning, after powering the system down for an entire day it now works perfectly.?

Cameras have update there firmware settings as did the base station.

Not quite sure it finally worked, but thats electronics for you.

Thansk to too all your inputs for my dilemma 

regards

ian

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Good job Ian.

Well done for persevering and thanks for the feedback.

bonrab21
Aspirant
Aspirant

when I plug it in to the charger nothing happens  no blue light

bonrab21
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do you know it is charged ?

bonrab21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this and it still did not sync

bonrab21
Aspirant
Aspirant

same with me   grrrrrrrrr  I will be really upset if they try to give me a 15% restocking fee!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bonrab21,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Gmang
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras wont sync with base

brh
Master
Master

@Gmang

Here is a link to an article on how to troubleshoot your problem.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039094/My-camera-will-not-sync-with-the-base-station-how-can-I-troubleshoot-i...

Brian