Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
gpcbaker
Follower
Follower

Any suggestions regarding camera not able to read the QR code? I am about ready to return the security camera as the camera will not read to activate the App.

Thx

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of the wireless cameras sync via a QR code. You must claim the base first (in case you haven't done that) using the Add Device button on the Devices tab and then sync the cameras by briefly pressing the base sync button (don't hold it) and then the camera sync button.

E629
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, when you use the Arlo app you have to sync the cameras to the app with a QR code. Mine aren't detecting the QR code either, its frustrating.

E629
Tutor
Tutor

Im having the same problem. Were you ever able to get them to sync? Please help me if you did.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, as I stated above, none of the wireless cameras use a QR code. If you selected the Q camera, you used the wrong selection. It's not hard - you don't even have to use the app.web site to sync the cameras. Press the sync button on the base briefly (don't hold it) and then press the camera sync button. That's all there is to it.

E629
Tutor
Tutor

No **bleep** sherlock. The app syncs your cameras to the app to view your pictures and videos using a qr code depending on which camera you purchased.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The QR code is for downloading the app from the app store / play store. You don't use the QR code to sync or setup the cameras. That said, you don't need to scan the QR code to download the app. Just go into the app store and search for Arlo.

The directions state: "For the best experience, download the Arlo app for your smartphone by scanning this QR code or searching for Arlo in the app store"

When they say scan the code to download the app, they mean scan it with your phones camera or qr scanning software, not scan it with the arlo cameras.

E629
Tutor
Tutor

Omg. You all take this crap way too seriously. Note to self..never post on arlo message board again.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Take what too seriously? Helping you out and explaining the process to you and the original person who posted the question is taking things too seriously? That makes no sense. This board is here for people to post questions and get answers.

kdkdkdkd
Aspirant
Aspirant

You probably selected the wrong device to set up in the app. Make sure you select the wireless device (first option). 

JulieW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem but then thought to try using a magnifying glass in front of my lens. I was using a kindle with the app to try and set up and the picture was way to blurry. Sooo....use the magnifier to sharpen the image and it works. 

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Or ... go to your app store and download it. Done.

JulieW
Aspirant
Aspirant

The QR code is not for downloading the app. It is part of the setup of the units and you cannot set up the cameras or lights without reading the code while using the app.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I never came close to the QR code when I set up.. I am not a QR fan anyway and anytime anyone give me an "or" on how to do something without using a QR code, I do "or". Just forget the QR code. It has nothing, nothing do do with connecting cameras. Zero. Setting up is one thing Arlo got right. It is relatively easy. 

Charge the camera(s), download the app from your app store. Set up your account through the app. Then follow the instructions in the app. Set up through "New to Arlo". Select your product. Set up base station per instructions. App looks for hub you have connected to router. Keep following instructions to set time zone, name, etc. for base. Bring cameras close, sync one at a time using sync buttons on base and camera(s) as instructed. In general download the app and follow instructions.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you all move your problem to the correct forum?

6130-chaps
Tutor
Tutor
As soon as I go to add devices I go to the qr section and it freezes showing no camera to read the wrong code
6130-chaps
Tutor
Tutor
The app not alllowing me to go beyond trying to read the qr code it just freezes at that stage can you help please
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The QR code isn't needed to add any devices and/or sync devices. To sync a new camera follow instructions that say to press button on base and camera.

Laeroeth
Initiate
Initiate
Yes the QR code is needed for cameras without a hub. I'm not sure why so many people are giving incorrect information. You cannot setup an arlo q camera without scanning the qr code. It is how you link the camera to your arlo account.
Laeroeth
Initiate
Initiate
Not to mention scanning the QR code IS PART OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE APP. When you go to set up an arlo q it makes you scan a qr code with your arlo camera. If you seriously think you dont need it go to the arlo app and try to add an arlo q camera..
6130-chaps
Tutor
Tutor
Needed the q code all done thank you
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

This is the Arlo Pro forum. Info given was for Arlo Pro. To obtain correct info for the Arlo Q, post in the Q forum. The Pro and Pro 2 does not need a scan a QR code.