Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Pro Base Station is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dougski60
Tutor
Tutor

The app came up and required an update of the base station firmware on 03/30/2017. I said yes, but the base station has not come back on-line. 

I am not at the location, so how can I get it back on-line? 

Assuming you've more or less "bricked" the base station until I can get on-site, what do I do when I'm there?

(Note it makes zero sense to require a firmware update that could require being at the location pysically... it should be an option one can postpone until an appropriate time.)

...Doug

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may have been an issue of the update vs. the recent server problems - hard to say for sure.  Updates are generally painless and happen overnight with no issue.  I suspect that if you simply power cycle the base, all will be fine.

Because this is a remote installation, it may be worth using something like a WeMo switch to plug the base into so you can remotely power cycle things.  It would also be useful to use a UPS/battery backup for your modem, router and base so a power outage doesn't affect your network and Arlo (it's happened before).