Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

More than 5 Cameras - ARLO Pro

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DEROS
Initiate
Initiate

I want to buy a couple more Arlo Pro cameras, bringing my total to 6 cameras.  I undersatnd that the basic "free" cloud service is 5 cameras.  However, I also understand that I can have a Hard Drive attacthed to my base station and store my videos there instead of the cloud.  If I store my videos on the attached hard drive, does the 5 camera "free" limit still apply.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You can't chose not to use the cloud. You use a HDD in addition to the cloud, so the camera limit will still be in effect and you will need to pay.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You can't chose not to use the cloud. You use a HDD in addition to the cloud, so the camera limit will still be in effect and you will need to pay.
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

You could buy another kit and grant full access to your main account for monitoring.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More specifically, set up the new system using a second email address for the system account.  Use Settings, Grant Access to the first account's email address and follow the invitation instructions. Once completed, all cameras will show in the first account's login.  It's not quite the same as logging in using the master account but frequently is sufficient.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Deros,

The other replies are spot on. I didn't think of adding another basestation but that could work, too.

The lowest-priced package (one camera) runs $249.99, plus shipping.

Without the shipping, that would be 25 months of the $9.99 plan.

If I were you, I'd consider biting the bullet for the plan upgrade... but whatever works for you.

Good luck,

Dave

Ritcheyj
Aspirant
Aspirant

The process of adding an account works great!  It took a few tries but I finally got it to work based on your instructions.  I did not realize you could also control the cameras as well.  Thanks again.  This forum is super!