Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lamarprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro Base Stations in the same network. The primary base station is a Shared Device. The new unit is not shared since I can't determine how to share it.  How do I share it so other users on the network can view the cameras assigned to the new Base Station?

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

lamarprof
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply Steve. The issue is a bit more or less complex depending on your view. Before I added the new unit (Gazebo), the main unit was shared and worked just fine.

Now when I set up Gazebo "shares", the Main shares have been released and only Gazebo shares are applied.

The administrator can "see" and apply settings to all devices. The only exception is the administrator cannot apply a share status to Main and Gazebo Base stations simultaneously.

As a caveat, the base stations are on the same network but not connected to the same router. The IP addresses may be problematic.

Thank you.

David
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does each base have its own administrator account?

lamarprof
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. I added Gazebo within the same admin ID.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hmmm... @TomMac and @jguerdat might know more here

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd think that it would be seamless.  No idea why sharing the new ones kicks the old ones off.  I have two bases (original and Pro) with all cameras shared with no issue. I wouldn't think that different IP networks would be an issue but I don't have that.

Maybe remove all shares and start fresh.  When I create a new share, I see all cameras as able to be selected.  Is that what you see?