Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mounting into Stucco

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
drjazzsk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought an Arlo Pro.  I am having difficulty finding out how to mount the outdoor security mount into stucco.  Can I just make a hole slightly smaller than the screw and screw it in dirrectly?  Or do I need to make a bigger hole and use the anchor provided first?  Or is there another method recommended such as adhesive/glue etc to hang the mount to stucco?  TIA!

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What's behind the stucco?

drjazzsk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good question.  Not really sure.  Bought the place new 12 years ago.  There may be wood behind the lathe, not sure though.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I'm no expert on house construction, I'd think the slightly large hole so a long enough screw can be used would work.  However, a boigger issue may occur to make you ponder positioning.  As I understand it, stucco is usually installed over a wire mesh which can significantly impact the WiFi connection between the base and camera.  Before you start drilling holes, test your locations.

drjazzsk
Aspirant
Aspirant

For sure.  I plan on checking placement/coverage, etc prior to drilling any holes.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Great idea. I have so many holes in my soffit from where I mounted some mounts that I no longer use. I even have an mount that has no camera on it because I hope one day to get another camera to put on it