Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nigelhs
Tutor
Tutor

I have the VMB4000 station with both pro and pro 2 cameras.

With such a good movement detection feature, I should like to be able to use the Arlo to monitor traffic outside my home, counting the different vehicles - travelling in two directions.

I am having real problems finding software that I can integrate into the Arlo system.

Does anyone out there know of a way of using the Arlo feed to monitor/count in this way?

I recognise that file storage may become the issue.

The advantage of the ARLO SYSTEM is that it allows remote access which works well for security purposes.

Are Netgear/Arlo considering creating such an app tailored to their product?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's a pretty niche market, counting cars with Arlo. I wouldn't expect them to be working on it but you can always post in the Ideas Exchange section and try to get people to upvote it to the point where the software engineers consider doing it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's a pretty niche market, counting cars with Arlo. I wouldn't expect them to be working on it but you can always post in the Ideas Exchange section and try to get people to upvote it to the point where the software engineers consider doing it

nigelhs
Tutor
Tutor

Quite right - very niche.

There is some open source code out there, but that doesn't help with tailoring to Arlo - Sourceforge has a project that has dabbled but stopped breathing in 2010/11. So, this probably confirms your view! Some work has been done but it is beyond me to take it any further! i will follow your suggestion and put it into the Ideas Exchange (and watch it wither?).

Thank you for the suggestion.