Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

MotionTriggering Stopped Working (VMB4000)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bcs1
Tutor
Tutor

We had a power outage about a week ago and had to cycle power to the base unit to restore the 3 camera links.  Since then the motion sensing has not worked.  The cameras are armed and set to trigger on motion.  No settings changed before or after power outage. 

Any ideas?

The system is kind of old but has been working fine until now.  I would think if the base unit took a power surge there would be more problems other than just motion triggering.

3 REPLIES 3
bcs1
Tutor
Tutor

Problem resolved.  I should have looked at the past messages to see that this was a wide spread problem.  I removed all devices, reset the base unit and reinstalled base and cameras.  All is back to normal.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, it's an old known issue that the older bases sometimes wouldn't connect after a power outage because they became ready before the router. A power cycle of the base would then allow the base to connect properly.

Not saying this was your issue...

bcs1
Tutor
Tutor

Good info…..thanks.  That was the issue on why it didn’t reconnect with cameras until I power cycled the base and unrelated to motion.  I also had the 2nd problem with motion sensing that required the removal and re-installation of all devices to fix that.  All seems back to normal now.