Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensor adjustment not work

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cl1982
Follower
Follower
The adjust meant for motion seems to not be working. The camera used to work properly. I had it mounted and it would only pick up motion a certain amount of feet away. Now I mount it back up and it keeps catching the cars from the street which was not the problem before. I adjust the motion setting but it doesn’t make a difference.
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cl1982 wrote:
The adjust meant for motion seems to not be working. The camera used to work properly. I had it mounted and it would only pick up motion a certain amount of feet away. Now I mount it back up and it keeps catching the cars from the street which was not the problem before. I adjust the motion setting but it doesn’t make a difference.

Are you changing the setting in the rule?  The setting in the motion detection test is only for testing.

I've found that adjusting the camera position is better than changing the threshold.  Shifting the camera downwards can help even if the street is still in the video, since the camera is most sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view.

If you have a subscription, you can also set up cloud activity zones.