Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion not Triggering. Nothing is showing on library.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TERRIEG
Tutor
Tutor

I have my camera mounted right next to my garage door.  It recorded me leaving for work this morning but now, from work, I can see my cleaning lady's car in my driveway, but there's noting in the library since I left four hours ago.  What would cause this?  Live view from the website is attached.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TERRIEG,

You might want to raise up the motion sensitivity to see if that helps. You can read here on how to do that: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

If that doesn't help, try to optimize the motion detection on your camera, which you can learn how to do here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TERRIEG
Tutor
Tutor

Nevermind.  Apparently there's a lag from when it detects/records motion and when it shows up in the library.  I posted my question at 11:59 am.  Went to lunch, came back at 12:40 & checked the library and it showed her arriving at 11:56 am.  

TERRIEG
Tutor
Tutor

Actually...correction.  I thought the video that showed up in the library was due to motion but now I see that it says "manual".  So that's just from where I checked to see if she was there, and she was.  She came and left without ever triggering the carmera to record.  Again, here is a screen grab of her car in the driveway.  Should be plenty close enough to trigger recording.  It recorded me leaving for work this morning too.  So why isn't it picking up her comign and going?  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TERRIEG,

You might want to raise up the motion sensitivity to see if that helps. You can read here on how to do that: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

If that doesn't help, try to optimize the motion detection on your camera, which you can learn how to do here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?