Motion detection not working on cameras but works in test mode

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rezolution1
Star
Star

My cameras have worked decently well for the last 10 years. There have been problems along the way but they usually get corrected. On June 17th at 11:00 a.m. My camera stopped the recording. I have four cameras and I have nothing in my library since 2 days ago. I have rebooted it a few times. It's doing that strange thing where after you select a mode it turns green momentarily and then graze out. If you close the app and then restart the app it will tell you what mode it's in. If you go into the utility or test mode of the camera and do the motion detection test it does light amber so I know each camera is working. It's just when you put it into an armed mode it no longer detects motion. This is happening on all four of my cameras and all started at exactly the same day and same time for all four cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The typical current "solution" is to remove all devices from your account, reset the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start fresh. Add the base and then the cameras.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The typical current "solution" is to remove all devices from your account, reset the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start fresh. Add the base and then the cameras.

Rezolution1
Star
Star

Is that the only solution? I have no idea what causes this or why it stopped working and I probably have 10 custom modes each set up to do different things with different cameras so it would take me a significant amount of time to accomplish this. How can I be sure it's not a server side issue or an app issue before I go through this monumental task?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm sure at some point Arlo will have a fix but to make the system work now it appears that's the only (and fastest) resolution. I have no idea what is causing this (backend? firmware? phase of the moon?) but it's worked for many folks with the legacy cameras.

Just be sure to document all your settings, modes, etc. thoroughly to speed the recovery. PITA, yes, but at the moment there's little choice.

Rezolution1
Star
Star

Ok, it took me exactly 1 hours start to finish, to remove everything, reset, readd base, readd cameras, and readd all my old modes.

So far so good!

I hope they compensate you in some way for being so helpful and responsive to everyone.  I've seen you posting for years on here.

Pig8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem and it also started on June 17. After spending a ton of time trying to figure it out through Arlo chat and other google searches, I found this post. After removing and reinstalling my devices, they all work now and push notifications. I don't think it is a coincidence that this happened on the same day. Arlo must have done something. Makes me wonder how many other users out there have the same issue. Thanks for the help.