Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bhaynes85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was hoping to get my porch and see if anyone is looking around my truck in view. I have the motion set to 85 currently and it does not pick up my truck pulling into the driveway. I can get out and motion is not triggered until I get to the steps leading up to my porch. I was under the impression that anything in view could set off motion recording. Here’s the view of my camera.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/2178F0866F448EBA_201901
6 REPLIES 6
Bhaynes85
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

People detection is only out to maybe 25 feet. The distance is generally too great to expect good detection. You can try turning up the motion detection sensitivity in your modes and rules but I don't think it will help much. It may be necessary to add a second camera that views only the driveway. You could then use a custom mode with rules that cause detection on one camera to record on both.

Bhaynes85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can understand that but it’s not picking up my truck. I see comments of other people’s cameras detecting traffic in front of their homes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This may be a function of the sensitivity setting in your modes and rules. Have you adjusted it at all?

Bhaynes85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m always in an armed state and the rule is if motion is detected it starts to record. FYI I only have that one camera. I tried today and even at a sensitivity of 90 it doesn’t trigger. I have to be around that lower step to start recording.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like it should trigger sooner than the step but don't forget that due to the 2-3 second lag caused by the cloud nature of the beast as well as the speed with which you walk, compounded by the more straight on nature of that movement, you may need to crank it up more and/or reposition the camera. It can be down to trial and error.