Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
src81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can some please me know if u have the same issues im having, i am running ios 10.1.1 on my iphone and everytime i go into the app, my option to set my recording length freezes and it alerts me motion detected and records nothing even when its set to record, the option to set the alarm on my base goes away even after i reinstall this app, talked to arlo support and some lady said its only happening with iphones and a update should be coming out, then i called today and some other lady said different, this really sucks, anyone with the same issue?
11 REPLIES 11
reynoldswrap0
Star
Star

My iOS is up to 10.2, so perhaps you should consider updating?  The app for me has been quite reliable, but if ever something wonky then I just reboot either the Arlo base, my phone, or both.  Usually resolves whatever hiccup there might have been.

src81
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do i reboot the base just unplug it then plug it back in?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Or use the power switch.
reynoldswrap0
Star
Star

I've always done it from within the app under settings > my devices.  Choose your hub and there's a "restart device" button near the bottom.

src81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thanks, i tried that and it still didnt work, im going to update my iphone later to 10.2 and see if that helps, i pay the $9.95 subscription for up to 10 cameras, i wonder if that has anything to do with it
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's a bug in the app or the cloud service it happen to mottion box uncheck randomly
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app has been release for iOS (2.3.2). Please visit the app store and download the update. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

src81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally the update worked!, now all thats left to fix is the length of motion i choose to record, that bar for the length of motion stays frozen on the app and wont let me move it, so i have to go to my laptop to adjust the length of motion recording i choose, which is a hassle, i hope they come out with a update for that
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

src81,

I have tested this and I am not able to replicate the issue you describe. when adjusting recording length in the iOS app, you must press, hold and drag the slider to adjust the recording length.

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

JamesC

src81
Aspirant
Aspirant
It wont let me Add a picture??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use the desktop version of these pages and note the toolbar just above the text box. You can add images and videos by clicking on the appropriate icon.