Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
abesai
Guide
Guide

I have set motion sensitivity to 1 and I am getting a notification every 10-30 seconds even though there is no real motion going on.

HELP!

This is driving me insane. My phone is constantly going off.

36 REPLIES 36
Abeletsky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. It started when I added another user to the account and they went to a live view. I played with motion sensitivity but have the same issue.
tgabtg
Guide
Guide

I swapped out cameras and it is doing much better.  I'll get maybe 5-6 recordings in a row now instead of 300.  Somehow the IR is triggering the motion sensor and it gets caught in a continous loop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There was a suggestion today about putting the camera in a dark place, setting sensitivity all the way down, use live view and stop. Reset sensitivity and replace the camera in your location. I think I got that right. Any luck?
miketsd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this problem, and I don't have audio.  I wish we could also set the motion on or off on individual cameras on the system rather than the entire system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're saying about the audio.

You can already set motion on/off for individual cameras using either the On/Off slider in Settings, My Devices, your camera or by creating a custom mode that has only the cameras needed in the rules (any camera with no rule is disarmed).

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

I just tried the "put them in the dark" test.

Each camera was removed from the outside and turned off in the software.  Then they were turned on again, and in the default "Armed" mode, motion sensitivities set to "1", all the way to the left.  Each camera was placed in a box and closed, then placed in a drawer.  I believe this is as dark as you can get.  For each camera, once I entered and exited the live views, alerts were sent from each almost immediately until I disarmed the cameras and turned each off, then on again.  Latest firmware, blah blah.

When I have some time later, I'll completely reset everything but I think it's wasting my time, the number of complaints and consistency in error pretty revealing...

jguerdat wrote:
There was a suggestion today about putting the camera in a dark place, setting sensitivity all the way down, use live view and stop. Reset sensitivity and replace the camera in your location. I think I got that right. Any luck?

asafayan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates about this issue from the moderator / engineering?

I just installed my system last night and love it so far but definitely want to see this kind of issue resolved by the vendor.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is still working hard toward a solution. As soon as I am able to provide more information, I will post an update.

JamesC

JJ74
Guide
Guide

Any update to this please? My Arlo system is useless because of this and eats batteries so its easier to just turn it off.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

What???  An update that pretty much fixed the problem went out a while back.  are you on the latest firmware update?

JJ74
Guide
Guide

The camera is currently 2" inches from a black surface and sending motion alerts. 

Really really fed up with Arlo now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can't get a hard problem fixed on a user forum. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.