Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Is Not Working After Oct Software Update

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
slmarcotte
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo with an early non pro camera and a Arlo Pro camera.
Ever since the software update on Oct 23 the Pro camera dies not detect motion.

What happened?

8 REPLIES 8
Wetzel402
Tutor
Tutor

I have a pro 2 system and am having similar problems.  It seems that the system is only working when in armed mode but no other mode is working.

slmarcotte
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried different modes. Same issue....

It's just odd that the thing stopped working the same time as a software update

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

First thing to try is restart the Arlo base and pull the battery out of the pro camera and reinsert to restart the camera.

Wetzel402
Tutor
Tutor

After some troubleshooting it appears my geofence mode no longer works.  All other modes do.  This persists regardless of app version and seems to have coinsided with the most recent update.

I have tried to restart the base station but haven't tried the cameras yet.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

slmarcotte,

Have you tried to reboot the base station? You can also try and remove & re-sync the camera.

slmarcotte
Tutor
Tutor
Rebooted base....now I will try the camera
Wetzel402
Tutor
Tutor

My system began to work on its own.  I had rebooted the base station only but they system didn't begin to work for another 12 to 24 hours in geofence mode.  All other modes were working prior.

Netgear's engineers need to ensure we are getting stable updates.  There is no reason a system I spent $800 on should stop working out of the blue...

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yup, Those odd things we all experiencing are the work of Arlo's fine Talented Engineers.. With all the so called Software enhancement and integration of their new products right now, we all have to expect these "Odd" things happening to our system.. Of course, it's Arlo's standard protocol to not say anything to us about what exactly going on.. All we hear from their scripted support fix are reboot or uninstall our system and if it still doesn't work the classic "We'll pass this on to our Talented Engineers for investigation".. LOL.. If ever you get lucky, your system might get fixed in a few weeks/months/years but sometimes don't count on it.. It's still be an ongoing unfix with no resolution at all.. Basically after that, you're on your own to find other alternative fix.. Frustratingly Sad..