Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode settings

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pagedeveloper
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have two cameras.  The first is on the front door (Porch) and the second one is inside the office in the house.  So I am trying to get the one in the house to be on a schedule.  So I am not hearing it beep ever other second.  I have read a lot about the setting of schedules. 

To set a schedule for a camera:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Click or tap Mode.
  3. Click or tap a camera.
    A list of available modes displays.
  4. Click or tap Schedule.
  5. Click or tap Edit next to Schedule.
    The Add Schedule page displays.
  6. Click or tap + Add.
    The Add Schedule page displays.
  7. Set the days and times for your new schedule.
  8. Click or tap Save.
    Your new schedule is saved.

Issue, is that if I click on MODE, I am only getting the base station.  I am not getting any of the cameras.  So I can not click on one camera to set up the schedule.  What am I missing.  ?? Pls help.  I would like this to be on a schedule so that I am able to see the camera when needed.  An not have it on  when I am home...

Thank you...

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can only schedule modes.

For your request:

Create a new mode eg HOME
For the mode HOME, create a single rule that says Front Door camera motion triggers Front Door camera to record
Edit your schedule to use HOME when you expect to be home and Armed when you expect to be away from home

pagedeveloper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done that, but it makes it for both cameras.  Not just the one that I want it to be for. In some documents that I have found, it states that you are to set the mode, and then click on the camera that you want that mode for.  It does not show a camera.  It just shows the main box.  So if I change the mode, it changes it for the entire system, not just the camera I want.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

When you create a new mode, it starts with no rules. Only add a single rule for the camera you want to control. If you have a custom recording mode that has both cameras in it, delete the rule for the camera you don't want running. Trying to make a rule for a camera telling it to do nothing as well as give no notifications doesn't allow it to be saved.

You can only control the system through modes.

What documents are you looking at?

pagedeveloper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been reading the online doc's.   I have set up the rule, and it is there.  It is only allowing me to set the rule for both cameras, not just one.  The second camera is in the office, and I do not need it on when we are  home.  The one on the front door, I would like on 24/7.  Even if I could set it for a specific schedule, that would be OK also.  It will not allow me to do that either.  If I set a schedule, it will default to both cameras, not just one.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you create a new mode, you set up a rule for one camera. To add cameras, just reedit the mode and create new rules inside. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. Create as many modes as needed for each specific need and then add them appropriately to the schedule.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can only schedule modes, not cameras directly

pagedeveloper
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I do that, then both the cameras are within that rule.  So the one inside does what I need, but the one outside is under that rule.  So it will miss during the day when I am not home.  So why would that help.  I want the inside off on weekends, and during the evening when I am home.  No need for it.  The front door, I want on all the time.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As per previous posts from myself and jguerdat, when you create a new mode, you have to make the rule(s). You don't have to have a rule for every camera. In fact, you shouldn't make a rule for the one you don't want to be operating during the time you're at home

pagedeveloper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get that.  There is no way to make one rule for one camera. I create the rule, and it will not allow me to use that rule for one camera.  It will only allow me to use the rules for the entire system, not a specific camera.  I have tried everything that I can to get it to work.  I have asked here, and I get the same answer, it is camera based.  I understand that, but on my set up for some reason it will not allow me to create a rule, and use it for a specific camera.  It will only allow me to use it for the entire system. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess I'm missing something. A mode can have one or many rules. Why are you saying you can't use it? You can either manually select that mode or schedule it.