Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mix and Match Arlo Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
dnmanks
Follower
Follower

Is there any way to mix wired and wireless cameras with the arlo pro base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The wired Q cameras have nothing to do with the base. They also can't be mixed together in modes and rules. Treat each as a separate installation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The wired Q cameras have nothing to do with the base. They also can't be mixed together in modes and rules. Treat each as a separate installation.
samahmad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a wired Arlo Q and want to get a Pro also - possibly two. Can I see the images from all cameras on the same app and computer interface? Will they just count as different devices? Will recorded views from each all show up in the library? 

One other question - I have set different view zones for my Arlo Q - can I get recorded footage from each view? If not, what is the point of zones? Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Yes, all cameras will show up in the same login as long as you just add the new cameras to the same account using the Add Device button.  The limit is 5 cameras in the free plan so you're all set.

2) The Q zones are for defining where motion is detected which limits false detections.  You can also use Pan & Zoom if you want to crop the recorded view.

samahmad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, but how do the zones work in practice? I have set a close up zone, but how do I ensure that this zone is the one used to record footage? It doesn't seem to give me an option to choose which zone I want as default?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's set in your modes and rules. Once you define so we, they have to be activated there. Mode tab, select your camera and edit your modes. That way you can have multiple modes using different so we.