Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Microphone No Longer Works Stating "You Need To Allow Access To Microphone To Use Push To Talk"

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
AnnCamas
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the microphone several months through my desktop computer; no issues with one Arlo Pro camera and the other Pro 2 (base Pro). Suddenly I get this message: You need to allow access to Microphone to use Push To Talk. So I went in to the settings and it says the microphones are ON.  So why did this occur and/or what else do I need to do to get the function back?

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do you need to allow access for your browser to use the computer microphone?

AnnCamas
Tutor
Tutor

I have no idea having used Chrome for several months with no problems; I did not change anything on Arlo or Chrome settings today when it stopped working. If you know where I should go in Chrome advanced settings please share.

AnnCamas
Tutor
Tutor

I found the answer outside of Arlo after searching online one more time 🙂 The Chrome pop up asking me to allow the microphone was blocked as multiple screens were open.  I have no idea why it asked me to allow today many months later... leaving this thread for others who might have the same issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been other changes recently to Chrome (Flash, specifically, but I'm sure there are others) and the mic may have been one.