Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sblasiol
Follower
Follower

The volume on this camera is ridiculously low.  Barely audible.  Has the newest firmware and have tried from Android, iOS and OSX...settings are set to the highest level.  Disappointed in this feature. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The apps certainly have an issue.  I use a computer and can adjust the computer's mic volume sufficiently to make it work well.  Have you checked to verify that the OSX mic settings are maxed out (don't know if that's actually possible)?

Arlo-user-UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having similar issue - very disapponted with mic volume.  Was one of the main reasons for buying.  Wasn't expecting hi-fi or boombox - but was hoping for more than what is no more than listening to a phone earpiece.  Not really fit for purpose for two-way comms outdoors.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo-user-UK,

Do you get the same volume when using a computer or the app? Which are you using?

JamesC

Arlo-user-UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not tried using computer (would rarely use computer for this purpose).  I have read that some have had success boosting mic volume on computer settings. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I tested the latest Android app and found the volume to be noticeably better but still not quite up to computer standards. It's getting there but still has a way to go. I was told at one point that I should be ~3 feet away from the camera to judge volume - that seems to be a true statement but can be an issue for outdoor use.  The volume will likely never be booming using any device so set your expectations appropriately.