Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Max of 5 cameras warning, but we only have 2.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
waynestractor69
Aspirant
Aspirant

We went out of town camping for 4 days last weekend and left our son to come and go during the day and spend the nights at a friends house, and had a dog sitter in for the evenings. Oddly enough our Driveway camera, which is plugged in to an outlet in the garage, and still is, recorded nothing at all, even though it always does about 50 to 80 recordings/day. When I try to use live view it says  maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. please stop one stream before starting another camera stream.. The battery powered front door unit which has never worked well and only records 2-3 times/day and uses up a 22,000ah battery/week doing that, has recorded 40 or 50 times/day since we have been gone but hasn't killed the battery yet. Why am I getting the error of too many cameras and how do I fix it? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
waynestractor69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today all is good, and the wireless unit that rarely recorded is now recording around 70 events/day, just like the hardwired unit. Thanks for all the replys!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Power cycle the base and see if that corrects the problem.

waynestractor69
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did not work.

Streak2
Master Master
Master
I would then try a full reset of the base. Hold in reset button until all lights turn amber.
You will then need to resync your cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One thing to remember when resetting (not power cycling) is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices before readding them.

waynestractor69
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I turned the base station off and on, tried syncing it to the hardwired unit even though they are about 15' apart, and it is working now. The odd thing is now the camera that has never recorded more than a couple times a day, even though it see's almost everything the other sees, is now recording 70+ times a day...and still eats up a 22,000ah battery in 3-4 days??

waynestractor69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Now that the hardwired camera is working again the other camera is not recording, but works as I can still use live view. Is it possible the hardwired unit is preventing it from recording somehow?? 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Remove all of the devices, factory reset the base and start from scratch.

If stilll no joy then I would contact support.

waynestractor69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today all is good, and the wireless unit that rarely recorded is now recording around 70 events/day, just like the hardwired unit. Thanks for all the replys!